To set your preferences for table service navigate to Configuration > Order Types > Table
- Use room layout: This
will activate the visual room layout features. This enables you to
create a diagram of your tables and select room the diagram when placing
or recalling a table order.
Tip: This feature requires separate licensing.
- Name your sections: This field allows you to setup sections for your dining room.
To add a new section select "Add New Sec" from the drop down. Types in the section name and click Add.
- Server banking: Enabling
server banking activates the "Server Details" button in the Open
Orders screen and allows servers to assign a bank, settle tickets, and
complete a shift close.
Tip: When enabled on non-register stations, pressing "finish" will automatically save the order, bypassing the tender screen. Also, the "Settle " button on the table screen will let you settle an individual ticket using the tender screen.
- Default server bank amount: Allows you to specify a default dollar amount for your server at the start of their shift.
Tip: With proper security, an employee can override this amount when accepting the assignment.
- Allow tickets to close at register: If you wish to enforce server banking, this field will prevent table type tickets from being closed at a register station.
- Auto gratuity of X % for parties of X or more on X ticket amount: Allows
you to specify an auto gratuity % which will be automatically applied
to the order total when you specify the # of people in the party.
Tip: leave this field blank if you do not want an auto gratuity applied.
Tip: Specify if you want the auto gratuity to be based on the gross or net ticket amount.
- Does server keep tips: Allows
you to specify how tips reported by your servers are handed in a server
banking environment. If set to "Yes" the system will assume the server
will keep the tips reported during the ticket settlement process. If set
to "No" then tips will be included in the money totals due to the house
at the end of the shift.
Tip: If you use a pooled tip system, set this to "No" so that all tips are included in an overall pool to be distributed.
- Does server keep auto gratuity: If
set to "Yes", the system will assume that your servers will keep the
auto gratuity. If set to "No" the auto gratuity will be included in the
money totals due to the house at the end of the shift.
- Require table #: Controls whether a table number is required when an order is placed.
- Require section: Controls whether a section is required when an order is placed.
- Enter # of people: Allows server to enter the number of people per table.
- Enter customer name: Allows server to enter a customer's name on the order/receipt.
- Require full customer lookup: Controls whether a full customer lookup at a table is required when an order is placed.
- Allow tabs: Activates the credit card tab feature which allows you to store the credit card on file until the ticket is ready to close.
- Enable hold/fire printing: If
checked, the "hold" button wll appear below the virtual ticket when
items are ordered. This allows servers to keep the item from printing in
the kitchen until they are ready to "fire" it.
- Active order by seat: Allows
you to select a seat positions for each item ordered at a table, print
seat subtotals, individual seat tickets, and pay by seat or group of