FireFly is integrated with SalesBuilder for customer loyalty and automated marketing campaigns. Learn more about this business building tool here! FireFly also has an internal loyalty program to allow customers to earn points.
To configure your loyalty program, navigate to Manager > Config > Customer > Customer Loyalty.
The Customer Loyalty screen is split into three sections. The Customer Loyalty section controls how the loyalty program behaves within your POS, the Point Formula section controls how your internal program works, and the External Program controls settings for accessing SalesBuilder, our integrated customer loyalty solution.
In the top section, we'll set up some options for your loyalty program (internal or with SalesBuilder)
- Earn/Redeem Loyalty Points: Check this to activate the loyalty program.
- Use Loyalty Swipe Card: Check this box regardless of whether you give your customers swipe cards.
- Leading Character/End Character: If you do use loyalty cards, indicate what special characters, if any, bracket your loyalty card # in the mag strip encoding of your cards. If you haven't ordered your cards yet, a standard choice is a % and a ?. If you already have cards, you can swipe a card in any text field to see what is encoded on it. All cards used in the program must be encoded the same way.
- Auto Enroll: Check this if you a pop up message reminding cashiers to enroll customers at lookup. They will need to enter an email address and/or mobile phone #.
- Allow Mobile Phone: If checked, a customer can enroll in the points program using their mobile phone number instead of their email address.
This section lets you control how points are earned and redeemed. This is primarily used for your internal loyalty program, however if you have SalesBuilder, you can use these points separately to track special bonuses, reward based on items, etc. These will be in Salesbuilder as PointBalance1 and can trigger e-mailed rewards automatically.
If you don't have SalesBuilder, redemption will occur at the point of sales with a $ credit on an order.
- Earn __ points for $____ spent: The basic formula for how points are earned. Typically you earn 1 point per $1 spent, although you can vary this if you want. The system will round down on transactions, so if you spend less than $1, no point is earned. You can also leave this blank if you only want to award points for special items ordered, etc (See point rules below)
- ____ points redeem for $1 credit: This controls how points are redeemed for credit on the order. In this example, 10 points = $1 credit (So we are giving a 10% rebate). You can leave this blank if you don't want customers to redeem points this way (for instance, if you are going to send them a SalesBuilder coupon instead)
- Points expire ____ days after they are earned: If you want points to expire, set a date range here. Otherwise leave this blank.
- Minimum points required to be eligible for redemption: Customer will not be able to redeem any points until they have received at least this many.
- Minimum points increment for redemption: Use this field to prevent extremely small redemptions.
FireFly has a sophisticated set of point rules that let you issue bonus points. Click on the Configure button to set up some rules.
You'll be configuring one rule at a time using the criteria at the top.
- Earn ____ % of normal points OR Earn ____ point bonus. This lets you issue a higher % of points (200 % is double points) or a flat point bonus.
- Choose days of the week if you want to issue bonus points on slow days
- Choose times of day if you want to issue bonus points on slow times
- Choose special order types such as Online orders, First order after enroll, or first online order after enroll to issue a bonus.
- Click ADD to see your rule in the space below. In this example we have set a bonus of double points on Monday and Tuesday.
You can also issue points for specific items ordered. This is great for a "Buy 10 sandwiches get one free" type of program. Click on the "ITEMS" button to configure this.
Select your choice of items. You can choose an entire department, or expand the tree to select a category or individual item. Press select, then press the ADD button to see your rule. In this example we set a rule to give a 10 point bonus for any App Sampler order.
Use the red X to remove any rule.
Tip: IF using an internal points program, you can turn on receipt printing options to tell customers about their point totals. Navigate to Configuration > Printers > Printer Ticket and select the Footer of the Customer Receipt to edit. Scroll down and you will see options to activate Points Earned, Point Balance and Expiring Points.
External Program:This section configures communications with SalesBuilder.
- Use External Program: Check this box to activate SalesBuilder
- Select a Program: Select GRS SalesBuilder from the dropdown.
- Company/Location ID: You will need to enter in your company's IDs. If you're not sure what these are, call your Granbury account manager.
- URL: The URL for GRS Salesbuilder will default and should be https://postmyrewards.com/xmldirect.php
- Prompt With Available Offers: If checked, when a customer's profile is loaded and they have a reward offer available, a popup will appear letting you know the customer is eligible for a special promotion.
- Test Con: Use the "Test Con" button to test your connection and account information. Make sure that you get a green "Connection Successful", then save your settings.
Be sure to always save your changes.