To create a deferred order navigate to the customer screen and select the customer. All deferred orders must have a customer associated.
Once you have selected the customer, navigate to the menu screen where you can build the order. Once the order is complete; select the order type.
After you have selected the order type click on the options button and click on Deferred.
A window will appear.
- Select Date/Time For Order: Select the date and time the customer wants this order to be delivered The order will remain in deferred status until the date chosen has arrived.
- Select Date/Time For Order To Print: Select the date and time the order should become and open order and print to production. At this time, any deferred credit card payment will authorize
- Additional Date/Time For Order To Print: You can select an additional print time. This feature is often used to print all deferred orders for the day first thing in the morning for planning purposes.
- Event Type: You can add what time of event this is, for example a wedding or corporate dinner.
- On Site Contact: Can add who the contact is if it's an event.
- Message:You can include a message or special instructions with the order.
Once you have placed the order and set up the desired deferred times; click the finish button to complete the order.
For delivery orders, you may "pre-arrange" the order as normal. If the customer pays with a credit card, the card will be considered to be in a deferred authorized state and will not process the card until the order becomes live.
For pick up orders, you may "pre-arrange" credit payments only.
Cash can not be collected in advance for a deferred order.
The order will save and appear in the orders screen as deferred.
You can also check the "Deferred Details" and "Deferred Item Sales" reports (Sales category) for information on pending deferred orders.
NOTE: Special settings apply to clients who allow pre-payment of deferred orders. Contact technical support for more information on this option.